Friday, January 6, 2012

EDP Item #24: my "precious" 8 year old music production computer


This one is seriously a doozie for me..... Almost hurts. The truth is, I don't really use this computer any more. I just think I might want to use again one day. If the Lord puts music production on my heart again then I will get new relevant and probably more simple equipment and software (legal software I might add) While this computer is really cool and my passion for music is a forever love given by God, it just sits there taking up space in my studio and space in my heart that could be used for newer, fresher creative outlets that will honor God. I still have plenty of music equipment around, this was just my only equipment for recording. The crazy thing is that the other day, when I decided she had to go, I turned the computer on to maybe save some files and guess what?...the back light stopped working and I can't see anything on the screen. somebody is home but the lights aren't on. This makes it easier to let go, I must say, but my "precious" files can't be saved I guess. I Know there are ways to get them, but I don't want to sink anymore time or emotional energy into this thing. I think I may just have start fresh (and legal) if I get back in the music game. Perhaps that's Gods plan. Reason: I have been contemplating for a long time to relieve my life of the pressures of a studio full of equipment that I rarely if ever use. It taunts me and tells me that my past hobbies are still something I need to be who I am,... But I am trusting that my lord will re-create me to be who I am. Hence, this is a very big step for me. Destination: I believe I will freecycle it. Comment: because this item is connected to many other items in the studio, it may cause a whole onslaught of Excess Depletion. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment