Thursday, January 12, 2012

C'est la vie

I have always thought the term "C'est la vie" should be used when saying goodbye to something you were through with. Boy was i ever wrong. It is actually French phrase that can be translated "such is life".
Well,... either way, we see things come and go in our lives and they remain just that, "Things"
Today I finally boxed up my old friend "The Music Computer" after much deliberation of weather or not to try and retrieve some of my "precious files" and uncompleted tracks. The good thing is there was no personal information that I needed to safe guard. just completed and incompleted (is that a word?) music tracks.




Back when we were doing our garage sale to raise funds for our first trip to Uganda we had 2 more old laptops that we needed to get rid of. At that time I was already in the mind-set of trying to eliminate things that were taking up space and time in our lives... So you can imagine my frustration when I realized that I would need to spend multiple hours with these old insufficient machines finding parts, passwords and discs just to prepare them to be ready to get rid of. In addition to the time spent prying off information we didn't want to send into the cosmos, I was also hard pressed to figure out what to even do with them. I mean you can't just toss them in the green dumpster (that's just irresponsible!)
So we decided to take bids at our garage sale to allow someone to smash one of the laptops and we cleaned the other one up enough to sell it for like $35. Still never found an easy solution for disposal of these tiny time sucking machines.

Since then, I have found a solution to all this madness, Best Buy and many other electronic stores will take your old electronics and get them to the right recycling facility. So..... since this computer didn't really need any cleaning up of incriminating files, I hesitantly boxed up (yes I have the box after 8 years, I'm a freak!) my old friend and took him to the friendly associates at Best Buy. I am not sure why this was soooo hard to do,... Our lives are entangled with so many things we have attached ourselves to, but I have found that each time I loosen my grip to the objects I hold too dear (including broken computers) Jesus soon fills the void with greater joy and freedom, ever-increasing my capacity to be inspired afresh,... far surpassing the capabilities of the objects I held so dear.
But for some reason that takes faith..."C'est La Vie"


And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6




- Jason K

No comments:

Post a Comment